Monday, April 13, 2015

A little G&P update...

I'm back in the South.


Don't act so surprised :] It was planned to come towards the end of April, but life doesn't always (read: ever) work as planned. So I'm here now, just in time for Spring to be in full effect and witness the most bipolar weather going on in the States. It's no exaggeration when I say my suitcase has a little of everything in it - you'd think I was leaving for a year...but nope, just a couple weeks in Atlanta, where we've experienced about all of the seasons on an every-other-day basis! It's currently raining, which was supposed to happen all of last week. But instead, last week we had 80 degree weather for a few days followed by a couple nights of weirdly cold temps, and absolutely no rain besides one random downpour on my way home Friday morning (where I learned windshield wipers are nothing but a joke on the GA-400 when you can't even see the car next to you). Coming from Vegas, I can so appreciate a nice rain (aren't they supposed to happen something like in The Notebook?!), so no real complaints over here on the current situation. Tomorrow may be a different story :]

I don't know where to begin with Granny and Pops. Honestly, the only real routine we have each day is Judge Judy at 4pm. Everything before and after that is all over the place. We usually have an idea of what we they need or want to do. But timeframes don't exist in retirement, and it's so much fun that way :D


Easter might just be Granny's favorite holiday. I woke up extra early with her that Sunday morning to share my makeup and let her browse my closet to get ready for church. I love how she asks me about the kind of makeup I use, where I got my shoes, or if she can wear one of my jackets. Proves that being a girl is fun all the way through ...80 something? I actually don't know how old she is. I'm pretty sure I ask every once in awhile, but she does an amazing job at avoiding the answer or distracting us long enough to forget why it even matters. Haha, I guess a lady never tells!


I convinced Pops to dye eggs with my cousin, Granny and I. He says he's never done it before - but I think there's no way you raise 5 kids and get a pass on dying Easter eggs. I mean, there's no way, right?! He wasn't a fan. He dipped his egg in the green dye, dried it off on his paper towel, poured a glass of wine, asked if they were raw or cooked, and started cracking his open before I'd even finished my first multi-colored masterpiece :] His idea rubbed off on the rest of us though. My cousin started eating his, I stopped caring about the cute picture of all of our eggs and started eating mine, and Granny held onto her pretty blue one for about 15 minutes before we convinced her to let us have hers as well. He doesn't know it yet, but we're so doing it again next year. If I can get him to show up to the table I'll even let him use wine to dye his egg like he was asking to do this year lmao. #thesunneversetsonabadass


We've had doctor's appointments, trips to Home Depot, lots of icecream and we're currently planting and placing flowers all over the place. I'll be back tomorrow to catch everyone up to date to now about my visit. I left out the most recent things, like finding a frog in bedroom at 2 am (currently the scariest thing in my life!) and waking up today to Granny knocking on my door saying "Jennifer, he's really gonna do it this time!" ... lol, there is never a dull minute over here :]

See y'all <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment